- About HMCPL
- All hours and locations
- Disaster Plan
- Library Board
- Media and Press
- Atrium Art Gallery
- Blind & Physically Handicapped Library
- Community Partners
- Computer Training Center
- Heritage Room (Genealogy)
- Interlibrary Loans
- Meeting Rooms
- Mobile Printing
- Patron Request Form - Koha
- Playaway View
- Public Computers
- Speakers Bureau
- Wireless access (Wi-Fi)
- Online Resources
- All online resources
- Automotive databases
- Book-related databases
- Business databases
- Career databases
- Catalogs of local interest
- Digital downloads databases
- Encyclopedias and dictionaries
- Genealogy databases
- Grants and fund-raising databases
- Health databases
- History databases
- Homework references
- Journal and article databases
- Literature and authors databases
- Local Interest databases
- Portals to multiple databases
- Spanish-language databases
- Alabama Virtual Library
- Community Info
- Digital Archives
- Digital Downloads
- Got a Question? Ask Us!
- Homework Alabama
- Huntsville History Collection
- Learning Express
- Next Reads
- Research Guides
- Read with Us
- Programs & Classes
- Library-sponsored Events
- Book Clubs
- Author Chat Book Club
- Bailey Cove Young Adult Book Club
- Booked for Lunch
- Coffee Cake and Conversation
- Cupid's Café
- Eleanor Murphy Book Club
- Eleanor Murphy ForeverYA Book Club
- Elementary Series Book Club
- Gurley Girls
- Inspirational Book Club
- Knit 1, Read Too!
- Knitting Between the Lines
- Literary Giants
- Lovers of Lit
- Lunch and Love Book Club
- Madison Murder, Ink.
- Must Read Middle School
- Russell Readers
- RocketCityMom.com Book Club
- Saved by the Bell Jar
- Sister 2 Sister / Brother 2 Brother Book Club
- Tillman Hill Adult Book Club
- Time Out Book Club
- Urban Circle Book Club
- X Factor Book Club
- Community Events calendar
- Computer Classes
- Story Times calendar
- Mind your Money
- Connect With Us
Foundation Center Webinars for Non-profits
The Foundation Center and HMCPL team up for a webinar series of effective strategies and resources for non-profits.
The Reference & Adult Services Department of Huntsville-Madison County Public Library sponsors regular webinars for non-profits on a wide range of topics. As a cooperating collection of the Foundation Center, the Library has access to databases and print materials of interest to non-profits seeking funding and advice for best practices. All of the below webinars are free of charge and open to the public. They will be held in the second floor Events Room of the Main Library.
Tues. Nov. 30, 2010 - 2:00-3:00 PM
How to Approach a Foundation
This webinar will cover strategies for effective communications with grantmakers, taking you through initial contact to what happens after you receive funding. You will learn how to initiate contact with potential funders; plan calls and meetings; communicate during and after a grant decision; and, ultimately, how to build lasting partnerships with grantmakers.
Thurs. Dec. 16, 2010 - 1:00-2:00 PM
Proposal Budgeting Basics
- This webinar is geared to the novice grantseeker and will answer budgeting questions such as:
- What kinds of expenses are covered under "personnel"?
- What level of detail do you need to include for non-personnel expenses?
- What types of expenses can be included in the "overhead" category?
- What is the relationship between the budget for your project and the overall budget for your nonprofit organization?
Wed. Jan. 19, 2011 - 2:00-3:00 PM
Introduction to Fundraising Planning
Learn a basic planning process for diversifying your organization’s base of support.
A successful nonprofit organization needs to cultivate multiple revenue streams through sound financial planning. If your organization has never developed a fundraising plan or calendar, this hour-long session is for you. It provides an overview of the process of strategically thinking through the components of a fundraising plan. You'll learn how to:
- Conduct an assets inventory
- Develop a case statement
- Identify fundraising partners
- Prepare a fundraising plan and calendar
Introduction to Fundraising Planning will show you how to analyze your organization’s situation and develop a fundraising plan that will include a variety of revenue sources.
Thurs. Jan. 20, 2011 - 1:00-2:00 PM
Introduction to Corporate Giving
Explore the world of corporate support and get started with resources on corporate giving.
Join us for an introduction to the world of corporate support for nonprofits and to the effective utilization of the Foundation Center's resources on corporate giving. We'll answer such questions as:
- What are the motivations behind corporate giving?
- How do companies support nonprofit organizations?
- How can I match my organization's needs with the interests of a corporation?
- How can I make the most effective use of Foundation Center resources to locate corporate funders?
Prior attendance at "Grantseeking Basics" is strongly recommended.
For more information, please contact Mary Wallace Moore, Reference & Adult Services manager at 256-532-5972, or by email: mmoore [at] hmcpl [dot] org