2012 Teen Library Card Design Contest
Teens are invited to create, photograph, or design the library card of their dreams!
The artwork will be turned in, judged, and a winner declared. The winning artwork will appear on a limited edition library card, available during the year 2012. This contest is open to all Teens (ages 12-19).
Huntsville Madison County Public Library Teen Library Design Contest 2012
- All participants must be between the ages of 12-18.
- All entries must be 100% original art with no copyright or trademark symbols.
- Participants have the option of submitting artwork to be used as a background on the logo or designing the logo to include the words: “Huntsville Madison County Public Library” and the year “2012”.
- Art may be signed by the artist.
- Entries may be print or digital. Maximum acceptable print size is 8.5” x 11”. Designs may be submitted up to 8.5 x 11, but keep in mind the logo will also be used for the teen library card which will have a finished size of 2 x 3 ¼ inches so it needs to look good at that size.
- For digital artwork, we can accept vector artwork (.eps, .ps, .ai, etc.) or we can accept raster images (.jpg, .psd, etc.). However, the finished artwork must be printable at 300dpi (dots per inch) at 2 x 3 ¼ inches.
- No slides, video, or websites will be accepted.
- Deadline for entries is Friday, November 18, 2011 at 5:00 PM. Art may be submitted to any branch.
- If you would like to pick up your artwork, please notify the Library in advance.
- The only limits to your creative expression are no excessive violence, nudity, profanity, or racist overtones.
- Winning artwork will be displayed on the Teen Library Card for a period of one year and will be used as the Huntsville-Madison County Public Library Teen Logo for the same period.
- For more contest information, contact Katie Kalil, YA Librarian, at (256) 723-2995 or e-mail at email@example.com
ENTRY INFORMATION MUST INCLUDE (please use a blank sheet of paper)
Address, City, State, Zip
Primary Phone, Alternative Phone
Name/Title of Artwork