The Thursday evening Concerts at the Library series continues with Microwave Dave Gallaher and his classic blues guitar on May 10 at 6 p.m. in the atrium of the Main Library, 915 Monroe St. Admission is free.
Other concerts in the series offer the popular Celtic band SlipJig on May 24, and the annual Dancing with the Library Stars contest over two evenings in June. Sentimental Journey begins the big band showcase on June 7, and the Moondust Big Band takes dancers through the final round on June 21.
Here is a list of other concerts in the series:
- July 5, Rocket City Brass, cool jazz, hot blues and classic rock
- July 19, Or the Children’s Crusade, cutting-edge folk rock
- August 2, The Bear, a mixture of old-time instruments and modern sensibilities
- August 16, Amy McCarley, unique alt-country ballads
- August 30, Ivy Joe Milan & Jim Cavender, classic rock and R&B from the '60s
- September 13, Raw Materiel, classic R&B and R&R favorites from the Army Material Command's rhythm and blues band
- September 27, Kinvara, traditional Irish, Scottish, Cape Breton and other Celtic favorites