Harry Potter Tournament
Celebrate all things Harry Potter with the Bailey Cove Public Library during the week of August 6-10 from 4 to 6 p.m. each day. The week of fun concludes with the Teen Advisory Group's Book Festival on August 11.
The Harry Potter Tournament of Huntsville 2012 will include a photo scavenger hunt, trivia games, relays and two days of Quidditch – played on the ground, not in the air. Prizes will be awarded at each event to the winners. Please remember these events are intended for teens, and Quidditch will have a strict age limits.
- Monday, August 6 -- Photo Scavenger Hunt: Pick up the list to begin your photo scavenger hunt. The rules will be explained and teams can be selected. Photos can be turned in throughout the week and will be placed on display in the teen area. All photos must be turned in by noon on Friday, August 10 to be eligible for a prize.
- Tuesday, August 7 -- Quidditch Semi-Finals: Join us at Willow Park (1928 Aftonbrae, Huntsville) as we play Quidditch. Only players between the ages of 13 to 18 are eligible to play. Players must wear tennis shoes and bring their own broom. Quidditch will be played by International Quidditch rules (http://internationalquidditch.org/files/IQA_Rulebook_5.pdf), with one exception -- no physical contact.
- Wednesday, August 8 -- Trivia: Are you a Harry Potter trivia expert? We'll put you to the test with questions about the books, movies, and influences of the series.
- Thursday, August 9 -- Game of Seven Relay: We will choose the teams and you will race to collect as many items as possible, but you will have no idea which items are important and which are useless. The only way to find out is to learn from our version of Harry Potter’s adventures.
- Friday, August 10 -- Quidditch Finals: See Tuesday's event for all the details.
Bailey Cove Teen Advisory Group’s Book Festival
Meet the Bailey Cove Teen Advisory Group as they talk about their favorite books, unveil the fall teen programs, and give away door prizes. They also will hold a book swap. You can bring up to five books to trade out for something “new to you.” The event will be held from 3 to 5 p.m. on Saturday, August 11h.
For more information, contact Julia Hendon at 256-881-0257.