We're putting on a Science Fair to celebrate our Summer Reading theme: "Fizz! Boom! Read!"
All projects must be turned in with the application sheet by June 30th, 2014. Ms. Haley will be available Thursdays from 5-6 in the month of June to assist children with their project ideas.
Projects will be displayed in the meeting room and voted on by library patrons from July 1-18. Winners will be announced at the End of Summer Reading Party on July 24 @ 4:00pm. Prizes will be awarded for the following categories: Best overall, Best of Ages 5-8, and Best of Ages 9-11.
See the guidlines below and download the application here:
- Participants must be between the ages of 5-11.
- All submissions are due by closing time on Monday, June 30th. Projects may be turned in earlier.
- All projects must be presented on 22”x28” poster board (please no trifolds).
- All projects must be an experiment that tests something. Projects that simply report information are not ok.
- Good: What type of soda works best for a mentos volcano?
- Bad: There are 3 different types of volcanoes.
- Physical projects cannot be hosted in the library, so make sure to include pictures on your poster board.
- Posters should include the following categories:
- Title – in the form of the question your project is testing.
- Hypothesis – what do you think the answer to your question will be
- Method – tell us how you conducted your experiment, include pictures
- Results – what did you find out
- All projects must be picked up during business hours between July 19 – 25.