Our oldest and largest Friends of the Library group is associated with “Fort Book,” the Downtown Huntsville Library at 915 Monroe St. FOL volunteers operate the FOL Bookstore located to the left inside the library’s entrance foyer. All revenue goes to the library.
Bookstore Hours of Operation
Open every day of the week.
- Monday through Thursday: Noon - 6 p.m.
- Friday: Noon - 4 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Sunday: 1 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
You may donate your gently used items to the Bookstore and reclaim some home space. We gratefully accept the following items and more:
- Fiction (hardcover and paperback)
- Non-fiction on all topics
- Comic books, graphic novels
- Magazines (recent issues preferred) Foreign language
- Music (CDs and vintage records)
- Cookbooks and craft
- Movies (DVD and VHS)
- Children’s books
- Religious and philosophy books
- Audio books
- Text books
FOL 25-Cent Book Sales occur twice a year in the library auditorium. Thousands of books of all kinds are sold at 25 cents each. The public is invited to the Friends’ 25-Cent Book Sales. FOL Members-Only Book Sales occur twice a year in the Bookstore. Everything in the store is sold at 50% off for FOL members only.
For more information about the Downtown FOL Bookstore, please call 256-532-5986.
The Downtown Friends of the Library organization also presents the Hertha Heller Forums, a series of lectures on a wide variety of topics. Light refreshments are provided.
Find us on Facebook: Friends of the Library, Huntsville Main.