Starting in February 2016, HMCPL will add the Internet to the long list of resources available for patrons to check out! We are partnering with T-Mobile to provide unlimited downloads through a small, hand-held device that will create a personal Wi-Fi bubble. We call these devices hotspots.
Each hotspot can have up to 10 mobile devices — iPads, Kindles, laptops, even PlayStations or Nintendo handhelds — connected simultaneously. They connect to the Internet via T-Mobile's 4G LTE network, allowing download speeds potentially over 30 megabits per second (Mbps). HMCPL will have 100 hotspots available for lending system-wide.
- $10 for one week, or $20 per 2 week checkout.
- Payment must be made at the time of checkout.
- No renewals.
- Patrons are responsible for verifying the network coverage at http://www.t-mobile.com/coverage-map.html and for charging the device.
- No refunds!
- Holds can be placed on the items.
- The units will be in a box with a charging cable, power adapter, and the hotspot. All items must be returned.
- Late fees are $1 a day with a $20 cap. If the item is not returned within 3 days of its due date, the patron will be billed a $10 nonrefundable processing fee. The item will be marked lost and deactivated, becoming unusable.
- Replacement fee for lost item will be the full cost, or $110 dollars.
To check coverage in your area, visit the TMobile website coverage map.