- About HMCPL
- All hours and locations
- Disaster Plan
- Library Board
- Media and Press
- Atrium Art Gallery
- Blind & Physically Handicapped Library
- Community Partners
- Computer Training Center
- Heritage Room (Genealogy)
- Interlibrary Loans
- Meeting Rooms
- Patron Request Form
- Playaway View
- Public Computers
- Speakers Bureau
- Wireless access (Wi-Fi)
- Online Resources
- All online resources
- Automotive databases
- Book-related databases
- Business databases
- Career databases
- Catalogs of local interest
- Digital downloads databases
- Encyclopedias and dictionaries
- Genealogy databases
- Grants and fund-raising databases
- Health databases
- History databases
- Homework references
- Journal and article databases
- Literature and authors databases
- Local Interest databases
- Portals to multiple databases
- Spanish-language databases
- Alabama Virtual Library
- Community Info
- Digital Archives
- Digital Downloads
- Got a Question? Ask Us!
- Homework Alabama
- Huntsville History Collection
- Learning Express
- Next Reads
- Research Guides
- Read with Us
- Programs & Classes
- Library-sponsored Events
- Book Clubs
- Bailey Cove Science Fiction Book Club
- Bailey Cove Young Adult Book Club
- Booked for Lunch
- Books ‘n Buns Babes
- Cupid's Café
- Eleanor Murphy Book Club
- Elementary Series Book Club
- Eleanor Murphy ForeverYA Book Club
- Groundbreaking Reads
- Gurley Girls
- Inspirational Book Club
- Knit 1, Read Too!
- Knitting Between the Lines
- Literary Giants
- Literature Out Loud
- Lovers of Lit
- Lunch and Love Book Club
- Madison Murder, Ink.
- Pizza & Pocky Club
- Quarter-Life Crisis
- Russell Readers
- RocketCityMom.com Book Club
- Sister 2 Sister / Brother 2 Brother Book Club
- Tillman Hill Adult Book Club
- Tillman Hill Teen Bookclub
- Time Out Book Club
- Urban Circle Book Club
- Young Professionals
- Community Events calendar
- Computer Classes
- Story Times calendar
- Connect With Us
Fines and Fees
- $.25 per day - $10.00 maximum per book
- Paperbacks/Board Books:
- $.25 per day - $2.00 maximum per paperback
- $.25 per day - $15.00 maximum fine per audiobook
- Music CDs:
- $.25 per day - $10.00 maximum per disc
- $1.00 per day - $15.00 maximum per DVD
- Music Tapes:
- $.25 per day - $10.00 maximum per tape
- Video Tapes:
- $1.00 per day - $15.00 maximum per tape
- $1.00 per day - $15.00 maximum per kit
- Rental Collection (Book and AV Quick Picks):
- Books: $.50 per day - $20.00 maximum per item
- DVDs: $2.00 per day - $20.00 maximum per DVD
- $.25 per day - $2 maximum fine per magazine
- Playaway Views:
- $1 per day - $20 maximum fine per View
A Note to Our Patrons about the Huntsville Public Library's Retrieval of Long Overdue Items
The Huntsville-Madison County Public Library is serious about recovering overdue materials.
Library patrons receive the following overdue notices:
- Day 10: First overdue Reminder e-mailed
- Day 20: Second overdue Notice e-mailed and sent 1st class mail
- Day 35: Third overdue Bill User for Materials e-mailed and sent 1st class mail
- Day 45: Items set to ASSUMED LOST & billed to patron's account
- Day 50: Patron's account referred to a collection agency specializing in the recovery of long overdue materials.
Books: List price charged for books damaged beyond repair. Partial damage prorated.
Cassettes: List price charged for albums and cassettes damaged.
Video Tapes: List price, or prorated against extent of damage.
Compact Discs: List price, or prorated against extent of damage.
DVDs: List price, or prorated against extent of damage.
Digital Audiobooks: List price, or prorated against extent of damage.
In the event a book or audio visual item is lost, patron will be charged the price of the item when purchased by the Library.
Holds are made for books, cassette tapes, compact discs, audio books on compact discs, video tapes and kits. Holds may not be placed on DVDs or book and DVD Quick Picks. There is a 20 item holds limit that a patron may request at a time.
An item may not be renewed if a hold has been placed on it.
Materials are held for 5 days.
- 50¢ each
- Public Computer Printouts (except online computer citations)
- $.15 per copy
- $.15 per copy
- Color Photocopies (Main branch only)
- $.25 per copy
- Microfilm Printer Copies
- $.20 per copy
- KEY RING LIBRARY CARD
- Lost Library Card
- $2.00 for replacement of lost card
- Lost Booklets, Brochures, etc.
- Broken Locked DVD Case
- Lost or Damaged Audio Book Case