- About HMCPL
- All hours and locations
- Disaster Plan
- Library Board
- Media and Press
- Atrium Art Gallery
- Blind & Physically Handicapped Library
- Community Partners
- Computer Training Center
- Heritage Room (Genealogy)
- Interlibrary Loans
- Meeting Rooms
- Patron Request Form - Koha
- Playaway View
- Public Computers
- Speakers Bureau
- Wireless access (Wi-Fi)
- Online Resources
- All online resources
- Automotive databases
- Book-related databases
- Business databases
- Career databases
- Catalogs of local interest
- Digital downloads databases
- Encyclopedias and dictionaries
- Genealogy databases
- Grants and fund-raising databases
- Health databases
- History databases
- Homework references
- Journal and article databases
- Literature and authors databases
- Local Interest databases
- Portals to multiple databases
- Spanish-language databases
- Alabama Virtual Library
- Community Info
- Digital Archives
- Digital Downloads
- Got a Question? Ask Us!
- Homework Alabama
- Huntsville History Collection
- Learning Express
- Next Reads
- Research Guides
- Read with Us
- Programs & Classes
- Library-sponsored Events
- Book Clubs
- Author Chat Book Club
- Bailey Cove Young Adult Book Club
- Book vs Movie
- Booked for Lunch
- Coffee Cake and Conversation
- Cupid's Café
- Eleanor Murphy Book Club
- Eleanor Murphy ForeverYA Book Club
- Elementary Series Book Club
- Gurley Girls
- Inspirational Book Club
- Knit 1, Read Too!
- Knitting Between the Lines
- Literary Giants
- Lovers of Lit
- Lunch and Love Book Club
- Madison Murder, Ink.
- Must Read Middle School
- Russell Readers
- RocketCityMom.com Book Club
- Saved by the Bell Jar
- Sister 2 Sister / Brother 2 Brother Book Club
- Tillman Hill Adult Book Club
- Time Out Book Club
- Urban Circle Book Club
- X Factor Book Club
- Community Events calendar
- Computer Classes
- Story Times calendar
- Mind your Money
- Connect With Us
Teens @ HMCPL
Our fourth annual Bollywood Film Series features traditional Indian food, henna, saris, and, of course, Bollywood films. The series continues each Monday night through July 7.
The fun starts at 5:30 p.m., and the film will be screened at 6 p.m. Admission is free. Some films may not be appropriate for young audiences, so parental discretion is advised.
What: Bollywood Film Series
When: 5:30 p.m. Every Monday Night Beginning June 9th-July 7th
Where: Second Floor Events Room at the Main Branch
June 9: Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani (159 mins)
We will sample traditional East Indian food before the movie begins.
June 16: Krrish 3 (152 mins)
A few Hindi phrases and sayings will be taught to introduce the primary language in the Bollywood films.
June 23: Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela (155 mins)
Demonstration of how to wear the traditional Indian dress, the sari.
June 30: Chennai Express (141 mins)
Henna will be provided to apply these temporary tattoos in traditional patterns.
July 7: Teri Meri Kahaani (125 mins)
We'll end our Bollywood film series with an Indian dance performance.
If you have any questions please contact the Reference Department at (256) 532-5975 or e-mail Victoria Blakely at: vblakely [at] hmcpl [dot] org.
Attention, Everypony! All pony fans, bronies and pegasisters won't want to miss Ponypalooza at the Bailey Cove Public Library on Saturday, May 11, from 1 to 3 p.m.
Pony fans of all ages will have a chance to meet the illustrator of the sensationally popular bestselling comic: Madison resident Andy Price.
Costumes are encouraged. Join us for snacks, get your cutie mark painted, create your own custom pony tail and try your hand at comic writing and illustrating.
Join us for a magical world of fun at the HMCPL third annual Fey Masquerade Ball October 29!
You won't want to miss the 3rd Annual Masquerade Ball on October 29 8 pm-12am at the HMCPL Main Branch Library!
Come out and enjoy music, food and dancing with teens from all around the Madison County area. This year's theme will be all things Fey: Light vs. Dark. Partygoers will celebrate the best in Fairy Literature, from Young Adult Book Titles like Tithe and Paranormally to Wicked Lovely and The Iron King.
A popular DJ will be spinning your favorite music, hit the dance floor with your friends!
Come dressed in your favorite Masquerade apparel, as your favorite fey character, or in a costume of your own creation! Prizes will be awarded for the best costumes in both Light and Dark fey. You may even be crowned King or Queen of the ball!
Tickets for this supervised event are available at any library location or online for $10/advance, $15/at the door.
Please note that tickets may be purchased online up to 4 p.m. on Friday, October 28. Patrons who purchase their tickets online are encouraged to bring their receipt/email confirmation with them.
AT THE EVENT:
- It is recommended that younger guests attend the ball between 8:00pm- 10:00pm
- There will be a costume contest. Come dressed in masquerade apparel, as your favorite Light or Dark Fey character, or a costume of your own creation. Costumes must be in good taste. Obscene or inappropriate costumers will not be allowed to enter the ball.
- Weapons are not permitted inside the Huntsville-Madison County Public Library. This includes weapons used as part of costumes. If a weapon is discovered during the event, you will be removed from the ball.
- We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol and drugs. If you are found in possession of alcohol, drugs, or participating in any other form of misconduct, you will be removed from the ball with consideration of being permanently banned from future events.
- Officers from the Madison County Police Department will be in attendance, both inside the event and in the parking lot.
- Outside food or drink will not be permitted into the building during the event.
- By purchasing this ticket, you acknowledge you are aware that representatives from the Huntsville-Madison County Public Library and electronic media will be taking photographs and video of the event for use on television, in print, and online.
- All attendees acknowledge they will adhere to these event guidelines and all other Library policies and procedures.
Maker's Local comes to the Madison Library at 6:00 tonight. Head to the Madison Library's meeting room to learn about what Maker's Local does for the Madison County Community. And see a 3D printer in action!
Any questions, call 256-461-0046.
Join Madison Public Library promptly at 4pm this afternoon to learn about rocket science and construct your own miniature rocket. Then, meet us at 4:30 at Field #1 at Dublin Park to launch your rocket!
No RSVP necessary, but time is of the essence. See you at 4pm!
Questions? Contact Ms Maggie at mallen [at] hmcpl [dot] org for more info
Join Madison Public Library later this year for a Catisfaction Cat Clinic visit.
In its place today (Thursday, July 10th) at 4pm, we'll celebrate 'Pete the Cat' with stories and a craft. Questions? Contact Ms Maggie at mallen [at] hmcpl [dot] org