- About HMCPL
- All hours and locations
- Disaster Plan
- Library Board
- Media and Press
- Atrium Art Gallery
- Blind & Physically Handicapped Library
- Community Partners
- Computer Training Center
- Heritage Room (Genealogy)
- Interlibrary Loans
- Meeting Rooms
- Patron Request Form
- Playaway View
- Public Computers
- Speakers Bureau
- Wireless access (Wi-Fi)
- Online Resources
- All online resources
- Automotive databases
- Book-related databases
- Business databases
- Career databases
- Catalogs of local interest
- Digital downloads databases
- Encyclopedias and dictionaries
- Genealogy databases
- Grants and fund-raising databases
- Health databases
- History databases
- Homework references
- Journal and article databases
- Literature and authors databases
- Local Interest databases
- Portals to multiple databases
- Spanish-language databases
- Alabama Virtual Library
- Community Info
- Digital Archives
- Digital Downloads
- Got a Question? Ask Us!
- Homework Alabama
- Huntsville History Collection
- Learning Express
- Next Reads
- Research Guides
- Read with Us
- Programs & Classes
- Library-sponsored Events
- Book Clubs
- Author Chat Book Club
- Bailey Cove Young Adult Book Club
- Book vs Movie
- Booked for Lunch
- Coffee Cake and Conversation
- Cupid's Café
- Eleanor Murphy Book Club
- Eleanor Murphy ForeverYA Book Club
- Elementary Series Book Club
- Gurley Girls
- Inspirational Book Club
- Knit 1, Read Too!
- Knitting Between the Lines
- Literary Giants
- Lovers of Lit
- Lunch and Love Book Club
- Madison Murder, Ink.
- Russell Readers
- RocketCityMom.com Book Club
- Saved by the Bell Jar
- Sister 2 Sister / Brother 2 Brother Book Club
- Tillman Hill Adult Book Club
- Time Out Book Club
- Urban Circle Book Club
- X Factor Book Club
- Community Events calendar
- Computer Classes
- Story Times calendar
- Mind your Money
- Connect With Us
Teens @ HMCPL
Attention, Everypony! All pony fans, bronies and pegasisters won't want to miss Ponypalooza at the Bailey Cove Public Library on Saturday, May 11, from 1 to 3 p.m.
Pony fans of all ages will have a chance to meet the illustrator of the sensationally popular bestselling comic: Madison resident Andy Price.
Costumes are encouraged. Join us for snacks, get your cutie mark painted, create your own custom pony tail and try your hand at comic writing and illustrating.
Join us for a magical world of fun at the HMCPL third annual Fey Masquerade Ball October 29!
You won't want to miss the 3rd Annual Masquerade Ball on October 29 8 pm-12am at the HMCPL Main Branch Library!
Come out and enjoy music, food and dancing with teens from all around the Madison County area. This year's theme will be all things Fey: Light vs. Dark. Partygoers will celebrate the best in Fairy Literature, from Young Adult Book Titles like Tithe and Paranormally to Wicked Lovely and The Iron King.
A popular DJ will be spinning your favorite music, hit the dance floor with your friends!
Come dressed in your favorite Masquerade apparel, as your favorite fey character, or in a costume of your own creation! Prizes will be awarded for the best costumes in both Light and Dark fey. You may even be crowned King or Queen of the ball!
Tickets for this supervised event are available at any library location or online for $10/advance, $15/at the door.
Please note that tickets may be purchased online up to 4 p.m. on Friday, October 28. Patrons who purchase their tickets online are encouraged to bring their receipt/email confirmation with them.
AT THE EVENT:
- It is recommended that younger guests attend the ball between 8:00pm- 10:00pm
- There will be a costume contest. Come dressed in masquerade apparel, as your favorite Light or Dark Fey character, or a costume of your own creation. Costumes must be in good taste. Obscene or inappropriate costumers will not be allowed to enter the ball.
- Weapons are not permitted inside the Huntsville-Madison County Public Library. This includes weapons used as part of costumes. If a weapon is discovered during the event, you will be removed from the ball.
- We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol and drugs. If you are found in possession of alcohol, drugs, or participating in any other form of misconduct, you will be removed from the ball with consideration of being permanently banned from future events.
- Officers from the Madison County Police Department will be in attendance, both inside the event and in the parking lot.
- Outside food or drink will not be permitted into the building during the event.
- By purchasing this ticket, you acknowledge you are aware that representatives from the Huntsville-Madison County Public Library and electronic media will be taking photographs and video of the event for use on television, in print, and online.
- All attendees acknowledge they will adhere to these event guidelines and all other Library policies and procedures.
Friday, March 28, 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Maximum number of participants: 12 (adults and youth ages 14 and up.)
Supply fee: $14
Learn how to prepare a gourd and finish it with "memory ink", and weave a basket with round reed around the gourd. You'll learn how to handle basket reed and how to shape a basket. Weave in three-rod wale or chase-weave using dyed reed to decorate the gourd. No basket making or gourd decorating experience is required.
The instructor will provide cleaned gourds ready to finish, and all tools and other supplies you'll need during the workshop.
Bring a sack lunch. Bring a drill (with 7/64" bit) and a hair dryer if possible.
Madison's Teen Writers' Group will meet Thursday, March 6th, at 5:00pm in the meeting room. We will discuss characters and character types. No RSVP necessary. But please remember to bring your wordy creations to share with fellow pensmiths! Any questions, call Doom at 256-461-0046.
Amanda Clardy from Huntsville Hospital will discuss services available to young adults with special needs in our community on Friday, March 7, at noon during the Health Matters @ Madison program at the Madison Public Library.
This program is free to the public. For more information, contact the Madison Library at 256-461-0046 or madison [at] hmcpl [dot] org.
Funding for Health Matters @ Madison was provided by a generous grant from the Huntsville Hospital Community Health Initiative.
Attention all Madison Teens:
Need a current tinkering project? Madison Public Library's Teenkers will meet Thursday, February 27th at the special time of 6:00pm in the meeting room to make its newest creation: The Welded Mug Candle. To ensure the right amount of supplies, you must RSVP to this event. To do so, or for questions, call 256-461-0046 or email Doom at rdoom [at] hmcpl [dot] org.