- About HMCPL
- All hours and locations
- Disaster Plan
- Library Board
- Media and Press
- Atrium Art Gallery
- Blind & Physically Handicapped Library
- Community Partners
- Computer Training Center
- Heritage Room (Genealogy)
- Interlibrary Loans
- Meeting Rooms
- Patron Request Form
- Playaway View
- Public Computers
- Speakers Bureau
- Wireless access (Wi-Fi)
- Online Resources
- All online resources
- Automotive databases
- Book-related databases
- Business databases
- Career databases
- Catalogs of local interest
- Digital downloads databases
- Encyclopedias and dictionaries
- Genealogy databases
- Grants and fund-raising databases
- Health databases
- History databases
- Homework references
- Journal and article databases
- Literature and authors databases
- Local Interest databases
- Portals to multiple databases
- Spanish-language databases
- Alabama Virtual Library
- Community Info
- Digital Archives
- Digital Downloads
- Got a Question? Ask Us!
- Homework Alabama
- Huntsville History Collection
- Learning Express
- Next Reads
- Research Guides
- Read with Us
- Programs & Classes
- Library-sponsored Events
- Book Clubs
- Bailey Cove Science Fiction Book Club
- Bailey Cove Young Adult Book Club
- Booked for Lunch
- Books ‘n Buns Babes
- Cupid's Café
- Eleanor Murphy Book Club
- Elementary Series Book Club
- Eleanor Murphy ForeverYA Book Club
- Groundbreaking Reads
- Gurley Girls
- Inspirational Book Club
- Knit 1, Read Too!
- Knitting Between the Lines
- Literary Giants
- Literature Out Loud
- Lovers of Lit
- Lunch and Love Book Club
- Madison Murder, Ink.
- Pizza & Pocky Club
- Quarter-Life Crisis
- Russell Readers
- RocketCityMom.com Book Club
- Sister 2 Sister / Brother 2 Brother Book Club
- Tillman Hill Adult Book Club
- Tillman Hill Teen Bookclub
- Time Out Book Club
- Urban Circle Book Club
- Young Professionals
- Community Events calendar
- Computer Classes
- Story Times calendar
- Connect With Us
Teens @ HMCPL
Attention, Everypony! All pony fans, bronies and pegasisters won't want to miss Ponypalooza at the Bailey Cove Public Library on Saturday, May 11, from 1 to 3 p.m.
Pony fans of all ages will have a chance to meet the illustrator of the sensationally popular bestselling comic: Madison resident Andy Price.
Costumes are encouraged. Join us for snacks, get your cutie mark painted, create your own custom pony tail and try your hand at comic writing and illustrating.
Join us for a magical world of fun at the HMCPL third annual Fey Masquerade Ball October 29!
You won't want to miss the 3rd Annual Masquerade Ball on October 29 8 pm-12am at the HMCPL Main Branch Library!
Come out and enjoy music, food and dancing with teens from all around the Madison County area. This year's theme will be all things Fey: Light vs. Dark. Partygoers will celebrate the best in Fairy Literature, from Young Adult Book Titles like Tithe and Paranormally to Wicked Lovely and The Iron King.
A popular DJ will be spinning your favorite music, hit the dance floor with your friends!
Come dressed in your favorite Masquerade apparel, as your favorite fey character, or in a costume of your own creation! Prizes will be awarded for the best costumes in both Light and Dark fey. You may even be crowned King or Queen of the ball!
Tickets for this supervised event are available at any library location or online for $10/advance, $15/at the door.
Please note that tickets may be purchased online up to 4 p.m. on Friday, October 28. Patrons who purchase their tickets online are encouraged to bring their receipt/email confirmation with them.
AT THE EVENT:
- It is recommended that younger guests attend the ball between 8:00pm- 10:00pm
- There will be a costume contest. Come dressed in masquerade apparel, as your favorite Light or Dark Fey character, or a costume of your own creation. Costumes must be in good taste. Obscene or inappropriate costumers will not be allowed to enter the ball.
- Weapons are not permitted inside the Huntsville-Madison County Public Library. This includes weapons used as part of costumes. If a weapon is discovered during the event, you will be removed from the ball.
- We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol and drugs. If you are found in possession of alcohol, drugs, or participating in any other form of misconduct, you will be removed from the ball with consideration of being permanently banned from future events.
- Officers from the Madison County Police Department will be in attendance, both inside the event and in the parking lot.
- Outside food or drink will not be permitted into the building during the event.
- By purchasing this ticket, you acknowledge you are aware that representatives from the Huntsville-Madison County Public Library and electronic media will be taking photographs and video of the event for use on television, in print, and online.
- All attendees acknowledge they will adhere to these event guidelines and all other Library policies and procedures.
Supporters of the Madison Public Library are asked to voice that support on Tuesday, May 21, at 6:30 p.m. at Madison City Hall.
Hello Dear Storytime Families and Library Users
Madison Public Library needs supporters at the Town Hall meeting tomorrow night, since the library addition is on the new Capital Improvement Plan, but currently unfunded. If you're in favor, we need to see our Friends in the crowd and on the microphone to show and tell about our support!
This is the most important public meeting to date. We really need you there.
You can see the complete list of proposed city projects here:
Tuesday, May 21, at 6:30 p.m. at Madison City Hall to take public input regarding a proposed 1/2 cent sales tax increase to fund the new Capital Improvements Plan.
Sign up now for the FREE Teen Authors Workshop program at the Murphy Library every Saturday in June from 1pm to 3pm.
The Teen Authors Workshop is a five-session (one session per week) writing workshop for teens ages 13 to 17 years. During the workshop, teen writers will be introduced to the writing styles of poetry, newspaper writing, and short stories. Sessions will include icebreaker activities, free writing, progressive stories, team-building, read alouds, and group discussion. At the end of the workshop, participants will contribute their work to a published anthology. After the anthology is published, participants will be invited to do a public reading and book signing in the Fall.
Please register online at http://hmcpl.org/teenauthorsworkshop/signup
Bollywood Film Series
Each Wednesday Evening 6/5-7/10
Film Begins at 5:30 p.m.
Second Floor Meeting Room at Main
Join us each Wednesday evening for our Bollywood Film Series where we showcase a variety of Indian films including romantic comedies, superhero films, and action/thrillers. Each movie is in Hindi with English subtitles. For more information call the Reference Desk at: (256) 532-5975 or e-mail us, askus [at] hmcpl [dot] org
Orientation for our Summer Teen Volunteer Program. These teens will be volunteering their time during the Summer for our Summer Reading program primarily. You must have already been through the application AND interview process in order for you to attend. Any questions? Call us at 256-859-9050.