- About HMCPL
- All hours and locations
- Disaster Plan
- Library Board
- Media and Press
- Atrium Art Gallery
- Blind & Physically Handicapped Library
- Community Partners
- Computer Training Center
- Heritage Room (Genealogy)
- Interlibrary Loans
- Meeting Rooms
- Patron Request Form
- Playaway View
- Public Computers
- Speakers Bureau
- Wireless access (Wi-Fi)
- Online Resources
- All online resources
- Automotive databases
- Book-related databases
- Business databases
- Career databases
- Catalogs of local interest
- Digital downloads databases
- Encyclopedias and dictionaries
- Genealogy databases
- Grants and fund-raising databases
- Health databases
- History databases
- Homework references
- Journal and article databases
- Literature and authors databases
- Local Interest databases
- Portals to multiple databases
- Spanish-language databases
- Alabama Virtual Library
- Community Info
- Digital Archives
- Digital Downloads
- Got a Question? Ask Us!
- Homework Alabama
- Huntsville History Collection
- Learning Express
- Next Reads
- Research Guides
- Read with Us
- Programs & Classes
- Library-sponsored Events
- Book Clubs
- Author Chat Book Club
- Bailey Cove Young Adult Book Club
- Book vs Movie
- Booked for Lunch
- Coffee Cake and Conversation
- Cupid's Café
- Eleanor Murphy Book Club
- Eleanor Murphy ForeverYA Book Club
- Elementary Series Book Club
- Gurley Girls
- Inspirational Book Club
- Knit 1, Read Too!
- Knitting Between the Lines
- Literary Giants
- Lovers of Lit
- Lunch and Love Book Club
- Madison Murder, Ink.
- Must Read Middle School
- Russell Readers
- RocketCityMom.com Book Club
- Saved by the Bell Jar
- Sister 2 Sister / Brother 2 Brother Book Club
- Tillman Hill Adult Book Club
- Time Out Book Club
- Urban Circle Book Club
- X Factor Book Club
- Community Events calendar
- Computer Classes
- Story Times calendar
- Mind your Money
- Connect With Us
Teens @ HMCPL
Nutcracker cast members from Alabama Youth Ballet will visit the library. The traditional Nutcracker story will be read; performers will show off their costumes and some graceful ballet moves; and everyone will have a good time. (Miss Lexie, who is a cast member in this production, might even dance and show you her costume!)
If your little ones are a too wiggly to sit through an entire ballet, but still love dance, this is the perfect program for you! Children will be introduced to the story and characters from Huntsville Ballet's The Nutcracker in this fun and fast paced program.
Celebrate National Gaming Day @ Your Library with a rockin' Playstation Party! Our Library Playstation will be hooked up and ready to play. Drop in and play different games all day long.
Design the 2012 Teen Library Card: An Art Contest for Teens
Teens are invited to create, photograph, or design the library card of their dreams! The artwork will be turned in, judged, and a winner declared. The winning artwork will appear on a limited edition library card, available during the year 2012. This contest is open to all Teens (ages 12-19).
Huntsville Madison County Public Library Teen Library Design Contest 2012
- All participants must be between the ages of 12-18.
- All entries must be 100% original art with no copyright or trademark symbols.
- Participants have the option of submitting artwork to be used as a background on the logo or designing the logo to include the words: “Huntsville Madison County Public Library” and the year “2012”.
- Art may be signed by the artist.
- Entries may be print or digital. Maximum acceptable print size is 8.5” x 11”. Designs may be submitted up to 8.5 x 11, but keep in mind the logo will also be used for the teen library card which will have a finished size of 2 x 3 ¼ inches so it needs to look good at that size.
- For digital artwork, we can accept vector artwork (.eps, .ps, .ai, etc.) or we can accept raster images (.jpg, .psd, etc.). However, the finished artwork must be printable at 300dpi (dots per inch) at 2 x 3 ¼ inches.
- No slides, video, or websites will be accepted.
- Deadline for entries is Friday, November 18, 2011 at 5:00 PM. Art may be submitted to any branch.
- If you would like to pick up your artwork, please notify the Library in advance.
- The only limits to your creative expression are no excessive violence, nudity, profanity, or racist overtones.
- Winning artwork will be displayed on the Teen Library Card for a period of one year and will be used as the Huntsville-Madison County Public Library Teen Logo for the same period.
- For more contest information, contact Katie Kalil, YA Librarian, at (256) 723-2995 or e-mail at kkalil [at] hmcpl [dot] org
ENTRY INFORMATION MUST INCLUDE (please use a blank sheet of paper)
Address, City, State, Zip
Primary Phone, Alternative Phone
Name/Title of Artwork
Teens! Put your baking skills to the test with Holiday Bake-offs at Madison and Bailey Cove!
Cookies and Cakes and Holiday Goodness!
Find out who is the best cook with this Teen Holiday Bake-Off event! Bring your favorite dish and compete with other teens for the best cook honors!
- November 15, 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Madison Branch Library
- November 22, 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Bailey Cove Branch Library
Join us for a magical world of fun at the HMCPL third annual Fey Masquerade Ball October 29!
You won't want to miss the 3rd Annual Masquerade Ball on October 29 8 pm-12am at the HMCPL Main Branch Library!
Come out and enjoy music, food and dancing with teens from all around the Madison County area. This year's theme will be all things Fey: Light vs. Dark. Partygoers will celebrate the best in Fairy Literature, from Young Adult Book Titles like Tithe and Paranormally to Wicked Lovely and The Iron King.
A popular DJ will be spinning your favorite music, hit the dance floor with your friends!
Come dressed in your favorite Masquerade apparel, as your favorite fey character, or in a costume of your own creation! Prizes will be awarded for the best costumes in both Light and Dark fey. You may even be crowned King or Queen of the ball!
Tickets for this supervised event are available at any library location or online for $10/advance, $15/at the door.
AT THE EVENT:
- http://hmcpl.org/sites/default/themes/acquia_prosper/design_packs/gray/i...); ">It is recommended that younger guests attend the ball between 8:00pm- 10:00pm
- http://hmcpl.org/sites/default/themes/acquia_prosper/design_packs/gray/i...); ">There will be a costume contest. Come dressed in masquerade apparel, as your favorite Light or Dark Fey character, or a costume of your own creation. Costumes must be in good taste. Obscene or inappropriate costumers will not be allowed to enter the ball.
- http://hmcpl.org/sites/default/themes/acquia_prosper/design_packs/gray/i...); ">Weapons are not permitted inside the Huntsville-Madison County Public Library. This includes weapons used as part of costumes. If a weapon is discovered during the event, you will be removed from the ball.
- http://hmcpl.org/sites/default/themes/acquia_prosper/design_packs/gray/i...); ">We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol and drugs. If you are found in possession of alcohol, drugs, or participating in any other form of misconduct, you will be removed from the ball with consideration of being permanently banned from future events.
- http://hmcpl.org/sites/default/themes/acquia_prosper/design_packs/gray/i...); ">Officers from the Madison County Police Department will be in attendance, both inside the event and in the parking lot.
- http://hmcpl.org/sites/default/themes/acquia_prosper/design_packs/gray/i...); ">Outside food or drink will not be permitted into the building during the event.
- http://hmcpl.org/sites/default/themes/acquia_prosper/design_packs/gray/i...); ">By purchasing this ticket, you acknowledge you are aware that representatives from the Huntsville-Madison County Public Library and electronic media will be taking photographs and video of the event for use on television, in print, and online.
- http://hmcpl.org/sites/default/themes/acquia_prosper/design_packs/gray/i...); ">All attendees acknowledge they will adhere to these event guidelines and all other Library policies and procedures.