The Madison Friends of the Library’s (FOL) mission is to provide financial and volunteer support to the Madison Public Library by purchasing materials, books and technology needed to support daily operation and special programs throughout the year. In addition, they operate and maintain the Helen P. Lee Bookstore which is located on the right inside the library’s main hallway. The bookstore is open all regular hours of library operation and is a self-serve, on-your-honor system payment of cash or check made out to the “Madison Friends of the Library”. All proceeds go to support the library.
We gratefully accept the following donated items:
- Hardback & Paperback books including, Fiction, Non-fiction, Biography, History, Youth, Children’s, Religion, Science Fiction, Cookbooks, Crafts, Gardening, Art, Geography, Parenting, Home Repair, Medical, Foreign Language, Western, Large Print
- Classics and Antique Books
- Comic Books, Graphic Novels
- Magazines (current within last 6 months)
- Music (CDs and vintage records)
- Movies (DVD and Blu-Ray, no VHS accepted)
- Dictionaries & Reference (sorry, no encyclopedias accepted)
- Audio books
- Puzzles & Games
- Text books (current within the last 10 years)
Small donations can be placed in the slot in the library hallway. Large donations can be coordinated by leaving a message at 256-325-0901. Tax receipts are available at the front desk.
Also inside the bookstore are free bookmarks, small artwork and jewelry made and donated by local community members. We encourage you to browse the box, take what inspires you and consider donating your own personal creations. This is a shared community project to spread the joy that comes from creativity and art.
The Madison FOL volunteers are actively involved in all the major Madison City Library events including:
· Once Upon a Winter’s Night & Halloween events
· Countdown to Kindergarten
· Blast Off Book Festival in collaboration with Madison City Schools
· Kick off to summer reading at Read Around the Block
· Madison Street Festival & Christmas Parade
· Huntsville Botanical Garden’s Scarecrow Trail & Madison Christmas Tree Decorating
FOL meets 6:30 on the second Tuesday of each month at the Madison Library, 130 Plaza Blvd. in Madison. All Madison FOL members are invited to attend. For more information, please contact the library at 256-461-0046 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To keep up with more FOL activities, like the Madison Friends of the Library Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MadisonFriendsOfTheLibrary.