Curbside pick up is available at all locations except Cavalry Hill (Bessie K. Russell is closed until the new library opens this fall).
Curbside will operate:
- Monday - Saturday from 10:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m. at Downtown, Madison, and Bailey Cove
- Monday - Friday from 10:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m. at Monrovia, Murphy, Hazel Green and Showers
- Monday - Friday from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. at Gurley and New Hope
- Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. at Triana
To use curbside, you must place a hold on items and receive notification that they are ready for pick up at your selected location. To place a hold, visit our catalog. To watch a video tutorial on how to place a hold and browse the shelf virtually, click here.
You may also order a "grab bag" of pre-selected titles here.
*The Bookmobile will visit the Cavalry Hill Branch Library every Tuesday, from 2:30-4:30 p.m. as part of our Summer Reading on the Road Tour. We will be passing out summer reading materials and accepting book returns.
The safety and wellbeing of our staff and patrons are our highest priority. With that in mind, we have enacted the following:
About our safety practices:
- All employees will practice social distancing of 6 feet (with curbside. Inside of the building, we will utilize plexiglass shields).
- All employees will be equipped with PPE (personal protective equipment).
- All employees will use hand sanitizers and practice frequent hand washing.
- Daily temperature checks will be conducted before each work day.
About the safety of the materials:
- Upon check-in, outer material covers and bindings will be sanitized.
- Before materials are allowed to be checked out, they will be quarantined between users for 24 hours, which is the most recent recommended time frame given to us by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Because of this, wait times may be longer.
Curbside Pick Up Procedures:
- After you receive notification that your hold is ready, please visit the branch you selected to pick up your items.
- Because of the automated book drop at the Madison Public Library, patrons picking up there will have to wait 24 hours after receiving their notification. Every other branch will send the notice after the 24-hour quarantine.
- When you arrive, follow instructions to call the branch on the outdoor signage. A staff member will assist you.
- Please do not come into the branch. Once your items have been brought out to an outside table, please wait until you can keep six feet of distance to retrieve your items.
- You will need to get out of your car. We will not be delivering items to your car.
- Please return your materials using the book drops rather than placing them on the outside tables to allow safe handling for staff members.
Please be patient while we try to navigate this new service. If you need assistance, please email us at email@example.com.