To define responsibilities and procedures for handling outside request for information regarding employees, Board minutes, library policies and/or records.
- Individual contacts Huntsville-Madison County Public Library requesting access to information regarding employees, Board minutes, library policies and/or records.
- Director of Human Resources is hereby designated as the officer of the Huntsville-Madison County Public Library that is to receive all requests from any individual that may request public information of Huntsville-Madison County Public Library.
- The Director of Human Resources will furnish the approved form, as attached hereto, and request that Requester complete all portions of the form, together with signature.
- The Director of Human Resources will have the authority to determine whether the requested information should be provided, taking into consideration privacy, security, critical infrastructure, reasons for request (including whether request is speculative or out of mere curiosity), and whether such requests will unduly interfere or hinder the discharge of duties and operations of the Huntsville-Madison County Public Library.
- The Director of Human Resources will determine within a reasonable time as to:
- Whether the information or any portions thereof will be furnished.
- The reasonable cost of compiling, preparing and copying the requested materials.
- The Director of Human Resources, or his designated representative, will reply, in writing, as to whether the information or records requested will or will not be made available, and if records and materials will be made available, will inform the Requester of the reasonable cost of compiling, preparing and copying the information as requested. Requester will be informed that, prior to the information being furnished, the cost, if any, are required to be paid. If the costs are required to be paid in advance, and if payment is other than cash or bank check, then funds will be required to be cleared before records and information are copied, produced or otherwise assimilated.
- If the Requester desires merely to inspect records, the Director of Human Resources shall designate a time and place during business hours to examine the records. At the time of viewing and inspecting, employees of Huntsville-Madison County Public Library shall be present.
- If the information consists of copying, compiling and preparing records, then after payment of costs, the records or information will be furnished to Requester at a time and place designated by the Director of Human Resources.
- Any questions concerning the time, manner and place of providing documents under this policy shall be directed to the Director of Human Resources.
HUNTSVILLE-MADISON COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY
REQUEST FOR INFORMATION FORM
Date of Request: __________________________________________________
Name of Person making request: _____________________________________
Address/Telephone Number: _________________________________________
Information Requested (please be specific):
Purpose of Request (what the information will be used for):