Q. How much do the classes cost?
- Nothing, all the classes offered are FREE!
Q. Do I have to register for classes or can I just walk-in?
- Some classes may be limited in size, and some may require instructor permission for attendance, so we ask that you register in advance so we will have enough space and class materials for all participants.
Q. How do I register for classes?
- Registration can be done in person at the library or by calling 256-532-2356.
Q. What information is required to register for classes?
- All we need is your name, phone number, and email address (if you have one).
Q. Do I have to be a resident of Madison County or a member of the Huntsville-Madison County Public Library system in order to take the classes?
- No, there are no residency or membership restrictions.
Q. Where are the classes located?
- If the classes are at the Downtown Huntsville Branch Library, they will be taught on the 2nd Floor in the Technology Training Center. If you have registered for a remote computer class, it will be held at the branch offering the remote class. All remote class registrations must be handled at the branch location offering the class.
Q. What materials am I required to bring?
- You are not required to bring in any additional materials; we provide the laptops and course materials. You may bring in your own laptops if you wish, but again, it’s not required. You may also bring note-taking materials.
Q. Is there a limit on how many classes I can register for?
- Everyone that registers for our classes is limited to signing up for a maximum of eight individual classes per month.
Q. When are new class schedules published?
- On the last Thursday of every month, unless otherwise specified.
Q. Do I received any forms or certifications showing that I took completed the courses?
- A Certificate of Attendance is given to everyone that attends our classes.
Q. Do I keep any of the course materials that are provided during the classes?
- We do not allow students to keep the class materials provided in 3-ring binders.
Q. Will I get a copy of the class materials? If so, how?
- Individuals that attend classes can receive materials in three ways: 1) We will send out email to the preferred address with attachments of a PDF version of the class materials and related files; 2) the class materials and files can be transferred to an individual's flash drive; or 3) the hard card copy of class materials can be purchased for $5 each.
Q. I see numbers in the class titles. Is that the same content being covered at different times?
- No, the our courses are offered as a multi-part series. For example, the Microsoft Word series has four unique parts that cover different content.
Q. Are there any prerequisites required for the courses?
- Some of our classes do have prerequisites which are listed in the class descriptions.
Q. I don’t think I need to start at the beginning of a series. Am I allowed to skip classes?
- All classes that are apart of a series MUST be taken in sequential order, unless you have completed that series within the past 18 months. You may find that you are frustrated by not having foundation knowledge, and other students will not receive the attention they deserve because we are reviewing earlier material.
Q. Is there a limit on how many times I can take a particular course series?
- No, and in some cases we may ask that you please consider mastering the material in a class before moving on to the next class. This means knowing the material so well that you can execute commands without having to ask for more information, look at the program's Help section, or refer to printed materials.