Needing a place to schedule your next meeting?
Non-profit organizations needing a space for their upcoming event can now book their meeting room needs online at hmcpl.org using the new Room Reserve feature, an automated reservation software system.
With Room Reserve, patrons will be able to reserve library spaces and rooms for use during normal library hours anytime on the hmcpl.org website. Users can select from available equipment for the meeting rooms, view open time slots and durations, and pay room deposit fees entirely online.
This new streamlined system makes scheduling easier, allowing reservations, reminders and other notifications to occur quickly via email, reducing wait times on finding out space availability and reservation acceptance.
Some common questions
- How far in advance can I reserve a room? Six months.
- How soon can I reserve a room? One week advanced notice for the meeting rooms, immediately for the small study rooms.
- How many reservations can one person or organization make? One meeting room reservation per month, multiple small study rooms are allowed.
- How many rooms can a person or organization reserve within a month? One, additional rooms would require approval from local management. Multiple small study rooms are allowed.
- May I use the audio-visual equipment? Yes, we'll gladly allow you to rent our audio-visual equipment if you' reserve the Main Auditorium through the online-booking system or by calling Administration at (256) 532-5950 after an online Auditorium reservation is made. The equipment must be paid for in advance, checks for payment can be sent to P.O. Box 443, Huntsville, AL 35804. Please note that there are two applications that are required to rent the audio-visual equipment; the card can be obtained by submitting the completed applications to the Main Audio-Visual Desk.
- Application for use of our audio-visual equipment.
- Application for Organization Card (requires notarization).
- May I have the room set up for me? Meeting room groups are responsible for their own furniture set ups and groups are encouraged to book at least a half an hour of time prior to the meeting to arrange furniture while the Library is open.
Reserve a meeting room at Main, Bailey Cove, Eleanor Murphy, Gurley, Madison or Hazel Green online now
Want to know more about how our room reserve system works? Check out our Room Reserve guide, linked below.